Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"What is your favorite mommy moment so far?"



I've been asked by a student what my favorite mommy moment so far is. WOW! That's a super tough question! SUPER TOUGH!


Why?


Because I've loved every moment thus far. Even the hard moments. ((Like when you're in a lot of pain and have a new life to care for.)) Being a new mom is hard work. It takes a lot of time, patience, responsibility and well... determination!


My first favorite moment was of course when Elliot was just born. Hearing his little cry was just awesome.


My second favorite moment is when my husband brought Elliot to me. And when I was finally allowed to hold him. I was on a lot of medications and shaking quite a bit, but as soon as I held my son - I was fine. When he looked into my eyes for the first time would be another favorite.


I love when he mimicks my facial expressions.


I love when he turns his head to the sound of my voice.


I love snuggle time.


I love that when he is crying or upset, I can console him. I think it's super cool that he is now HERE but the sound of my heartbeat still relaxes him.

No comments:

Post a Comment