Friday, August 2, 2013

Early Literacy




As you all know, I'm a teacher.    I think one of the hardest things for me as a mom is knowing when to be "mom" and when to be "teacher."    I've pretty much given up on this and I'll just be both to Elliot.   We've been working on our colors.   Yes, I know he is only 20 months old.    Yes, I know pre-school is still a ways down the road.    We've been practicing our colors (and letters, too).    Elliot is doing great!  

I absolutely LOVE how he says 'yellow'  --- "YELL-WHOA!"
'Purple' is even cuter ----  "PUP-ULLLLL!"

The icing on the cake though?

The other night Elliot went to his "color window" with Daddy.
Daddy asked him, "Where is RED?"
Elliot pointed to the red bucket and then spelled out "R - E - D"

Our jaws DROPPED!

My teacher mama heart EXPLODED.

Go ahead, tease me for my nerdy ways.   :P

No comments:

Post a Comment