Thursday, December 1, 2011

Elliot's first Christmas...


Wow.. Elliot's first Christmas is coming! And people are asking us what to get him... this is a crazy question! Considering he'll be only seven or eight weeks old this is a really tough question to answer. Like... super tough!


For starters, he's not really going to "get" the point of it. I think we're going to have more fun with it than he is, hahaha! Now next year... look out!


We're first time parents and we're learning as we go as well. So below are a list of things he could use/we could use for all of those who are insisting on us giving a list (you know who you are). I hope this helps because frankly, I think making a list is a bit rude. I feel like I'm saying, "Buy my kid this" when really he's provided for quite nicely thanks to my awesome baby shower(s) but I get it.... he's cute... people like to shop... and people understand Elliot is unemployed and won't be shopping in return, LOL!!!




Other ideas:


Clothing - right now he is fitting best in newborn size clothing. I'm not sure if he'll still be that size in the next 24 days but as I said, right now he is in newborn size.


We're using Pampers brand diapers (swaddlers) - he seems to be able to pee through any other brand and we're still using size newborn. If you do decide to buy diapers in newborn size for us please make sure you have a receipt just in case he does grow out


Educational toys


Your favorite children's book


Itunes gift cards (this kid LOVES music and car rides)


Babies-r-us gift cards


Feeding: we're breast feeding and using similac advanced formula as well considering my thyroid issues and PCOS - formula is friggin expensive so if you find coupons for similac...we'll take them!


Also... he LOVES the colors yellow and green (and of course camo)... I don't even know if he can see colors fully but I do know he is super super alert in the kitchen (which is yellow) and in his green blankie.


He also gets a kick out of old school Looney Tunes. Yep... Foghorn Leghorn makes him perk up. It's HILARIOUS!


So to all those badgering me with FB messages and emails and texts... I hope this helps! Please do not feel obligated to buy for Elliot at all. Mark and I really want to send the message to our children that Christmas is about Christ and family - not things.


PS: Yes, we plan on having "Santa" with Elliot. We don't believe he'll go to hell for believing in Santa.












No comments:

Post a Comment